Monday, July 30, 2007

July Vacation

St. Augustine & Daytona Beach

July 25 - 29, 2007


We are back!! We had a great time. Rusty was able to finish his fence jobs early so we were able to go down a day ahead of schedule.

Our first stop was St. Augustine Wednesday afternoon. If you've never been there before - I highly recommend it. Lots of fun things to do and lots and lots of history. I wish that we could have spent several days there. The only problem we had in St. Augustine was me not remembering to get Alan milk before we got to the hotel. Alan loves to have milk before he goes to sleep and the poor child cried for a couple of hours wanting milk. He even told me to go to Krogers to get him some milk when I told him we didn't have any. It was really funny. He finally fell asleep. It was pretty sad.

This is the hotel where we stayed.



This is the kids at the restaurant - Santa Maria.
This was a great place to eat and the kids loved feeding the catfish.
Thanks Jen T. for the recommendations.



The catfish!



Thursday morning we got up and went to the Lighthouse. We walked around the grounds and read up as much stuff about it as we could without the kids getting too bored. Carrigan and Rusty climbed to the top. I would have gone but Alan was not tall enough so instead we walked around and then had fun looking up at the top of the lighthouse for Rusty and Carrigan.



Thursday afternoon we headed to Daytona Beach. Carrigan could not wait to get there. She remembered the resort from last year. All she talked about was the giant slide that she could not wait to go down. We headed to the pool not long after we checked in. What a fun day.

Here are views from our balcony. This year we were on the 7th floor in the North Tower.




This is the kiddie pool. Here is a picture of the lazy river and one of the 2 pools.

Friday morning George and his daughter Katie came to see us at the resort. It was great seeing them. For those of you that don't know who George is...he was one of my bosses when I worked for Turner Broadcasting. I left Turner not long after he did and went to work for the same company he did. He was awesome. After they left we headed down to the pool and the beach. Carrigan and Rusty both had their own boogie boards and had a great time out in the ocean. I tried to take pictures of Carrigan doing it so hopefully some of them will turn out (I took those pictures with my 35mm not my digital). If so - I'll post them later when I get my film back. Alan really enjoyed playing in the sand. We bought him some new sand toys and he had a ball. As long as I let him do what he wanted - he was fine and would go down to the water. If I suggested him going to the water he told me no - he wanted to stay where he was.


George and Katie!

Pictures of the kids enjoying the pools and the beach!











Saturday was another fun day. I went downstairs and got a pedicure :-) It was so nice. For those who know me - I let very few people look at my foot, touch my foot, etc. After all the surgeries I've had on it - I don't want it touched. Well - let me tell you - this girl was awesome. I was a little nervous but she was great. Maybe I will try to get another one soon somewhere close to home :-) While I was getting my pedicure Rusty took the kids down to the pool with the big slide. Rusty said that Alan really didn't want to go to the kid pool so they went to the big pool instead. Carrigan spent all of her time going down the slide. Alan was really big on just hanging out at the steps. Occasionally he would go and sit on the side as long as we didn't push him. I've got some funny kids.

Saturday night we went out to eat at Shell's with George, Sandy and Katie. We had a great time and the food was wonderful. Sandy was so nice and brought us a box of goodies (danish's, muffins, etc....) They were so yummy! Thanks for meeting us for dinner. It was great seeing everyone!

We came home yesterday! We stopped by the outlet mall (near St. Augustine) on the way back. I was looking for some school things for Carrigan but only came home with a pair of sneakers. I must not have been in the mood to shop. We didn't buy anything else!


Bye bye Daytona - maybe we will see you again next year!



Kim, Rusty, Carrigan and Alan

1 comment:

Kristi P. said...

Looks like the kids had a great time!!! Great picture of George. Good you did not buy much. The tax free holiday is this weekend.