Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fireworks!

JULY 4, 2007

What a fun day we had. We started our morning off by going to IHOP. For Rusty and I this has been our annual thing to do for as long as I can remember. We would get there just before noon just to see the runners from the Peachtree Road Race and their T-shirts come in. It has always been alot of fun for us up until this year. In the past we have always gone to the IHOP in Fayetteville but this year we decided to go to the one in Griffin since it was on the way to Tim and Barb's and we weren't going all the way back home to head back out. We'll - I don't think anyone in Griffin ran the race since we didn't see one shirt!!! URGH!!!!!! Next year we will head back to Fayetteville. No offense to Griffin but.....I wanted to see a shirt!!!!!!

We spent the day at Tim and Barb's and had a great time. Kati, Kevin, Ty and Brooke were there so that made it lots of fun too. Plus the food was wonderful - ribs, corn, cole slaw and I made a patriotic trifle for dessert. YUMMY!!!

While we were at Barb's - she watched the kids for us while we ran to Verizon and got new cell phones. Many of you know that my phone totally gave out. You could call me - I could hear you but you could not hear me. Not to mention the phone never had service and constantly dropped calls. I took my phone to Nextel and they told me it was due to corrosion and that I would have to buy a new phone and sign a new contract. No way - Nextel didn't even work half the time and it definitely did not work out here where we live so....off to Verizon we went. Guess what - I now have service at my house and I don't even have to move to a special spot and hold my mouth just right - YEAH!!!!! Rusty is very pleased with it also since now we can both be on AOL at the same time. He bought some special package and it seems to work jsut fine!

Late yesterday afternoon we headed to Nash Battlefield to see the activities and watch the fireworks. Thanks to Aunt Kati and Uncle Kevin for helping out with Carrigan and for Tim and Barb for getting us in and the extra dollars for the tickets for Carrigan. No - we are not broke - we just don't carry cash with us anymore and when we need it there is never an ATM around. Carrigan's face is still painted and it is now 8:55pm. She loves it! Thanks!

The fireworks were great but Alan was not too thrilled with them. Rusty held him and Alan kept his little fingers over his ears the whole time. At one point Rusty used his hands and covered them up for him. After a while - Alan finally fell asleep. The show was over around 10:00pm and we did not get out of there until around 11:15ish if I remember correctly. Lots and lots of people!


Carrigan just hanging around!

Brooke - "Please hurry and take my picture".


Alan - "Mom do I have too"?




COUSINS
Carrigan, Ty and Brooke

It was a great day and a fun night! Thanks everyone!!!

Kim





1 comment:

Kristi P. said...

How neat!! Glad you guys had a lot of fun!!!! Can't wait to read more blogs :-)