Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Let's just say - Too Much Drama


January 23, 2008
2008 Isn't starting off very good for us!

It has been a busy two weeks for the Smith's. On January 9th Alan swallowed a drill bit (scroll down to the next story to read about it if you haven't already). Then this past Sunday I was headed to a party and I got a flat tire. Let's just say that my car was sitting on the rim. Thanks to the guys at the fire department for helping me out. You know who you are! Then look and see what happened earlier today!

This what happens when you try to keep your dog warm!!!

~~
~~
~~
~~

This use to be where Dixie's dog house was.



This is what is left of the light that we used to keep her warm.



This is a picture of our camper and shed which was untouched by the fire. Also the fire missed the pile of brush in the middle of the yard.




Here is another angle of the back yard. The fire jumped the fence and went behind both sides of our neighbors. Nothing was damaged!!! Thank GOD!




This is a picture of the back yard looking towards the front. The fire jumped the fence towards the street also but didn't get very far!

We are so lucky that nobody was hurt, the dogs weren't hurt and there was no property damage.

I guess Dixie will just have to rely on blanks and cedar chips.

In case anyone is wondering what happened....Dixie dog house caught on fire. Rusty seems to think that the cedar shaving got too hot and caught on fire which caused the dog house to catch on fire. Due to it being kinda windy - the fire spread. I never open my back windows so I did not know this happened until it was too late. Luckily I saw it when I did!


Kim








1 comment:

Kristi P. said...

WOW.. I am so glad no one was hurt. WOW :-(