Sunday, September 09, 2007

September 9, 2007


Alan's 3rd Birthday Party
Sunday - September 9, 2007

Although Alan's actual birthday was September 8th - we had to have his party on the 9th this year. What a fun day we all had. Alan for the last week had been talking about his "slide" for his party. It took me about a month to convince him that we were not having ponies at this party like we did last year. Up until a couple of days ago - he was telling everyone that he was going to be 4 instead of 3. We finally broke him of that. :-)

We had an awesome day. Thanks so much to everyone that was able to make it ~ Mom (aka - Grammy), Kandis and Matt, Kristi, Pat, Hunter and Mitchell, Barb (aka Grandma) and Tim (aka Papa), Kati, Ty and Brooke, Carolyn and Katelyn, Amanda, Abby and Maggie, Sue and Dante, Mike, Dana, Rachael, and Stephen, Tori, Bailey, AJ and Camden. I hope that I did not leave anyone off. If I did - I apologize - I did not mean too!

Below are just some of the pictures that were taken of the party. I have others that I will try to post later on this week.



This awesome cake was made by Kati. She has made just about every cake for the kids since my baby shower with Carrigan. Every cake out does the one before! She is awesome! Thanks again Kati!!!! For those of you that saw the invitation - this fish was on the bottom right.

Here's the birthday boy ready to blow out his candle.



Here's the slide that we rented. It was an 18ft wet/dry slide. I think that it was a huge hit. The kids seemed to love it. Some of the kids were a little scared but let just say - they all went down at least once. We will have to do this again maybe next year. Check out the website at www.herecomesfun.com/pke


Here's the birthday boy sliding down. He had so much fun!!

Amanda and Maggie

Amanda's little girl Abby was probably on top of the
slide trying to save the moth that was up there :-)

Carolyn and Sue

Carolyn's little girl Katelyn loved the slide.
I think she stayed on it until the very end.
Sue's little boy Dante was a little afraid
of it but he did go down once with Rusty.
He also liked to play in the water and the foot of the slide.



Mom, Kandis and Matt

None of them tried the slide :-(
Matt did find the water balloons
and from what I hear - they were a big success especially
once Rusty got the sling shot. I think the kids
liked them too. Thanks for coming over.


This is Mike and Dana.

Their kids Rachael and Stephen were right there with Katelyn.
I think they only came in to eat cake and watch
Alan open his presents and then they were back outside.
Thanks Mike for helping Rusty load the slide and for helping him
pack it away and clean up. Thanks Dana for
helping with the ice cream. That was really nice of you :-)


Barb and Tim enjoying some sun!
Barb went down the slide several times!

Barb's turn. Barb actually went down it alot.
She seemed to have a really good time also!




This is Rusty going down.
He said that the slide was pretty fast.
I only went down it when it was dry and I thought it was fast then.

Here's a picture of Brooke. Does Brooke
look like her Grandma (Barb) holding her nose?
It looks like she had a great time too!

I hope that everyone had as much fun as we did.

I just wanted to let everyone know also that if you did not receive an invite to Alan's party - please don't feel like we left you out. I promise we didn't forget about you. I just tried to only invite the smaller kids more Alan's age this year. I hope everyone understands.

Please check back later this week to see more pictures from the party! Thanks to dial-up I could not post all of them at once and this has taken me all day!

Have a great week!
Kim

1 comment:

Kristi P. said...

We all had a great time. The cake was beautiful, as always. Always good seeing Mom, Kandis and Matt. Thanks for allowing Mitchell to be there.