Saturday, August 22, 2009

Want to see what Alan has done this time?










AUGUST 22, 2009

Guess what happened to Alan shortly before lunch time today?
He was playing on the swing set and from what we understand - he was
swinging and jumped backwards and fell on both arms.

He broke the radius and ulna in his right arm and the radius in his left arm.
I will have to take him to an orthopedic surgeon next week
(not for surgery - the breaks won't require that) to have
both of his arms put in casts. He's not feeling very well
right now due to them both hurting but the doctor did
give us pain medication for him.

Here are some pictures that I took.

This was taken in the car on the way to the doctors office.
Rusty made him a sling and we put ice on it to try to get the swelling down.

Rusty and Alan waiting for the doctor to come in.


Rusty checking his left arm which Alan said hurt too. Luckily we had it x-rayed
because it ended up being broke also.


Alan resting in the bed. He's not feeling very good.
I guess if I had 2 broke arms - I would not be
feeling very good either!


I'll keep everyone updated on what the ortho says next week!


No comments: